Hi, I'm HanaKyle
say it: "Ha-nuh-ky-el"
My desire to contribute to the alleviation of suffering of others led me to become a massage therapist and yoga therapist. My childhood was profoundly impacted when my father was diagnosed with chronic progressive Multiple Sclerosis. Well-acquainted with the suffering and challenges of chronic illness, I sought out healing practices for myself as I came into my own, including massage, yoga, and meditation. Over 10 years later, I love my chosen profession more than ever! My active engagement in NYC life enables me to connect with all kinds of folks along a wide spectrum of backgrounds and life experiences. My own favorite activities include: cooking and eating locally and creatively, cycling (city + touring), strength training, dancing, especially in the vicinity of brass bands, and last but certainly not least, joyful travel + adventures! Most of my photos are taken by the inimitable Zachary Schulman. You're invited to catch up with me on the daily on my Instagram!
Education + Training
- Certification in Personal Training, National Academy of Sports Medicine, 2018
- Integrated Movement Therapy Certification with Molly Lannon Kenny, Seattle, WA, 2015
- Reiki Level 2 with Manu Del Prete, Brooklyn, NY 2017
- Reiki Level 1 with Stephanie Sandleben, NYC, 2013
- Swedish Institute, AOS in Occupational Studies, NYC, 2005
- NYS Licensed Massage Therapist #11-02918
- Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher RYT 200
- Numerous meditation retreats at Insight Meditation Society, Barre, MA
- Non-Violent Communication Training, NYC
- Vajra Yoga & Meditation & Social Action Teacher Training with Jill Satterfield, NYC, 2008
- Emerson College, BA in Arts Management, Boston, MA